Crescent City Sucks

even on a good day...

Monday, June 20, 2005

A three hour tour...

Today was Father's Day and I spent the day doing something I wish my Dad would have spent one day of his life doing with me. On a whim, I went fishing with a group of friends, one of which just happens to be a commerical fisherman who owns and operates his own boat. We went about five miles out to a special spot he'd plotted with his GPS navigational system and did a bit of fishing. Funny things overheard while fishing:
1. "Do fish have ears?"
2. "I hope don't fall off the boat..."
3. "I wish I could do this for a living."
4. While noticing a good-sized piece of wood(part of starboard dock bumper) hanging off the hull of the boat,"That can't be good."
5. "There IS no fish and game in this town."
6. "Okay. Now catch a green one."
Luckily, Brett and Matt are excellent fishermen and thus we brought home more fish than we could eat. I was treated to an amazing and beautiful trip, and kick myself for not bring a camera. On the trip back to port we drifted in close to Battery Point in an abortive attempt to hook some Ling Cod. It was cool to see Crescent City from the rocking deck of a bona-fide fishing boat(okay, crab boat). It was also almost worth going on the fishing trip just to hear the stories of how Matt boiled down his attempts at wooing a beautiful young waitress at a local watering hole into the desperate drunken plea of "What is it gonna take for you to let me fuck you in the ass?" Out of context this might seem rude and crude(well, it is), but knowing Matt AND who he propositioned lightens the comment to comedic gold. Thanks to Brett for an unforgettable Father's Day. Go to his website and buy his tuna.

8 Comments:

At 6/20/2005 01:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most amazing thing about crescent city is that people still live off the land, oh wait crescent city sucks. are you getting soft on us m.mc.

 
At 6/20/2005 03:10:00 PM, Anonymous Michael said...

I write this blog because belittling and hurting others makes me feel better.

 
At 6/20/2005 04:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anne Arkham said...

The classy approach is to go to their blogs and belittle them directly.

 
At 6/20/2005 04:25:00 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

Mikey-
I'm amused that all of the bonehead things you quoted came out of my mouth - I still think that the question of fish having ears was legitimate, dammit!
-Laura the Fisherperson

 
At 6/20/2005 08:37:00 PM, Anonymous Bob said...

Earth to Anne.

The title of this blog pretty much rules out the possibility of it containing anything that could be said to contain -- or resemble -- "class."

If Michael had -- or wanted -- class he would've given our blog a different name.

But SUCKS it is, as in I SUCK, YOU SUCK, EVERYBODY SUCKS... (except maybe for Michael Mc.)

But, since it makes Michael feel better I suppose it's okay.

We are in, after all, a new millenium and class is so 20th century.

 
At 6/21/2005 03:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i THOUGHT FISHERIES BIOLOGISTS WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT FISH

 
At 6/21/2005 03:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i THOUGHT FISHERIES BIOLOGISTS WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT FISH

 
At 6/21/2005 03:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i THOUGHT FISHERIES BIOLOGISTS WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT FISH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home