Crescent City Sucks

even on a good day...

Friday, May 13, 2005

Buy Two, Get Addicted for Free!!

Tobacco distributors have an innovative promotion that we stock at the liquor store. Purchase two packs of Camel Filters (or lights) and get one pack ABSOLUTELY FREE. I love this marketing strategy, and I love that I get to be their unofficial spokesperson. Whenever someone asks for a pack Camels I say, “Are you sure you don’t want the buy two get addicted for free deal?” with a straight face.
Eight out of ten go for it. I just want people to be absolutely clear what they getting. For free.

4 Comments:

At 5/13/2005 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Ariel1980 said...

Contrary to what your employer may believe, I think that candid observation of the human condition is quite something. Perhaps you could tell them that by blogging, you are elevating them into the realm of art...and therefore enobling mankind.....wait....it's a liquor store! I forgot. You've definately snagged a new reader here.

 
At 5/15/2005 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Rori said...

Are you kidding me?

That ought to be illegal!

 
At 5/15/2005 11:35:00 PM, Blogger michael said...

I thought it was. They should do an anti-tobacco ad with this promo. truth.com?

 
At 6/04/2005 04:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home