Crescent City Sucks

even on a good day...

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

my first blog

Hello! This is my first blog posting, so go easy on me. I stumbled on someone's blog recently and decided if they can do it, so can I. Hopefully I can use my blog as a forum to inspire something positive or cool in this shitty little town I live in. Crescent City Sucks! Anyone with half a brain will agree with me. Don't get me wrong. It is beautiful here, but there's nothing to do. No music scene, no venue for bands even if there was a band passing through that wanted to stop and play. It kinda reminds me of this movie a saw when I was in college called "Dingo". Basically the plot centered around a famous jazz musician(Miles Davis) whose plane had to make an emergency landing at some desolate village in the Austrailian outback. The band, having nothing to do while the plane refuels, sets up on the runway and starts to play. A little boy who lives near the airport hears the band and is forever altered, becomes a famous musician, blah, blah, blah. Go rent the movie, even if it's just to see the last appearence of Miles on film before his death.
My point is that this town could use some culture. Something other than a maximum security prison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home